Friday, February 27, 2009

"If I were a mermaid.." and Daddy's Little Fire Engine

I am so incredibly blessed to have two beautiful girls who continue to crack me up! They each had their own funny moments today....

"If I were a mermaid.."

Eva loves to share all of her stories all day long to anyone who will listen. Night time has proved to offer the most moving and humorous stories of them all. Being mom, I'm the lucky one who gets to hear them every night. Tonight was not lacking....

While clipping Eva's nails before bed she said, "Mommy, If I were a mermaid I would travel the whole world under the ocean. I would learn all about the human world. I would have my own special cave for my collection."(Disney buff or not, we all can see where this is going) "Then, I would hear a boom. I'd swim to find him and I'd carry him to dry land. To the beach. And then I'd give him wake up medicine."

Oh, if medicine could cure all! How easy life would be. It's amazing how their minds work. :)


Daddy's Little Fire Engine

Today we made a family shopping trip to the mall. Definitely a special treat. We usually don't have Daddy along for the shopping. While walking through one store we were turning all heads in sight(or at least Adelina was). There was not a single person in the store that couldn't hear us coming with Adelina's repetitious "wwhoooa. wwhoooa. wwhoooa." And the volume on that girl! She might as well have been on her way to an emergency. This continued for about five minutes. There was no stopping her! Fortunately, all the turning heads were laughing as they watched her roll by. She certainly had Mommy and Daddy laughing too.

No comments: